Monday, February 23, 2009

Sky Fort - Phase 3

The fort made it to the back yard. It doesn't look like much has changed since the last post but trust me, it took a lot of work to get this part done.



Luckily the ground was frozen when I moved the base from the garage to the backyard, dragging that through the mud would have been real fun. After digging up my lawn to level the ground and a few hundred pounds of cement for spot footings it's time for some fun, I can't play in the fort all day.







This actually took place over two days, the footings needed to dry before we could climb on the fort. Sunday morning Brennen and I started early. I put the floors on while Brennen terrorized the cats with his tractor. Because it was warm the trail behind the house was busy, all of the neighbors just stared as the wandered past. They're jealous, my kid has the coolest backyard.

The slide isn't supposed to go on until last but Brennen was such a good helper he needed to have some fun too. I know it doesn't appear to be completely safe, but where's the fun in that? Maybe that's why everyone was so concerned about what we were doing?

I'm done, my back is killing me! I can barely walk! I need to consult with my doctor. Don't know when the next phase is going to happen.

A little update. My lower back is [utah valley fix]'d up! It's been great weather and I can't ride my bike or work on the Sky Fort. I can barely walk. I can't sit in a chair for longer than 5 minutes. I damn near passed out changing my boy! This sucks to say the least... Maybe I should quit trying to be the best damn-all-around-do-it-yourselfer?

No comments:

Post a Comment