Monday, August 17, 2009

Not Much

It's been awhile but not much has been going on. My buddies have been training for Leadville, so I've been left to ride alone. Which isn't a big deal, my bike has been out of commission since the last race. It was the last one in the ICU series. I didn't do too bad, second behind Tim, despite crashing going up hill. Yes, up hill and not just tipping over but flat on the ground, twisted bars, broken shifter and shortness of breath. During the post race cleanup I decided it was time to replace some worn out parts. Red Shield kicked in and took care of a new chain, cassette and chain rings. To top things off, I finally put tires on my Stan's wheel set.




Hopefully I can remember how to ride in the dirt and the grass has stopped growing. I really miss the trails above the race track. Or maybe I'm just sick of South Fork and Squaw Peak. Any way, I've missed riding my mountain bike and look forward to tomorrow.

Follow up: I rode my mountain bike today for the first time since the race. I missed it! It really makes me wonder why I ride my road bike, why I put up with cars?

2 comments:

ER Dad said...

OK buddy, How about a ride Wed morning after work or Thur morning? Maybe up Payson Canyon?

Anonymous said...

Cars are a very good reason to like mountain biking, besides the fact it is just plain fun!

Post a Comment