Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pioneer Day

Went to Vernal for Pioneer Day to try to burn down grandma's house again. It's still there. Brennen liked the small scale production much more than the sky rockets on the 4th. I only burned myself a few times during the show so I can't complain. Brennen did try to set grandma and Jamie on fire with a sparkler. It was my job to keep the sparks flying, not to watch the boy...

I couldn't resist the opportunity to ride my mountain bike and explore the McCoy Flat area more. It's been hard to find trails that aren't overgrown around here, so the desert single track was a nice change. I decided on Retail Sale and Fire Sale. Retail Sale is fast winding up and down ride. There are no major climbs or overly technical sections. Fire Sale on the other hand is a super techy riot! This branches off of Retail Sale and twists, drops and climbs its way back onto Retail Sale. I did a lap on each and would have gone back for another but was cooked. Literally cooked. It was 103 when I left with a consistant breeze. I took my camel back, 70 ounce bladder gone in an hour and a half. I've ridden for almost five hours from the corral trail head and yet to ride all of the trails in this area.




Stop by Altitude Cycles for a map of area trails and the latest trail conditions.

Retail Sale at EveryTrail

Map created by EveryTrail: Geotagging Community

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Next time you visit granny, ask Altitude where the "Rojo" trail is. It's a very technical out and back. One of the best trails you'll ever ride. There are some other good trails in the Red Fleet area.

Post a Comment