Sunday, March 15, 2009

Nothing New...

I just need to get rid of the snow covered fort, it's a little depressing. I finally started riding again. The month vacation really hasn't helped my racing efforts. Funny thing, after a few days on the mountain bike my back feels better. Karl missed our Saturday ride and went later, he claimed that he made it to the Alter. Of course I didn't believe him and had to find out for myself.





I decided to see how out of shape I am, so went as hard as I could from the mouth of the canyon to the dirt road above the race track. I only chose to stop the insane effort there because I was going to puke. After a little recovery spin down the road I started toward the alter. I must admit Karl was telling the truth, aside from the horse tracks the trail was in decent condition. I climbed Betty and headed down Frank, if those are the names we're using this year, toward Dragon's Back. I felt great my back wasn't bothering me (much) then, Stan's in the face! I ripped another side wall, Bontrager tires suck! That's three tires this year and I've only ridden half of the year. Any suggestions? Wait, no one reads this...

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Funny, I haven't had much trouble with Bontragers (but I haven't ridden them a whole lot). I have torn a bunch of CrossMarks when using them as a rear wheel. I've been using a Small Block 8 on the back for the past 5 months or so without problem.

Post a Comment