Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sky Fort - Complete

Almost a weeks worth of work, several trips to the doctor (no not Karl) and countless lost pieces but it's finished! This was quite the experience. Brennen helped me almost the entire time. He was even really helpful, well sometimes. Regardless of the time or pain, watching him run through the backyard and climb all over the fort was totally worth it!

The best was me teetering on the ladder putting the roof on. Brennen was handing me the roof boards so I didn't have to climb down each time. That was pretty cool.

I must admit, I'm afraid to mow the lawn. All of thew screws, washers and bolts that magically disappeared while putting the fort together may turn into flying projectiles. Most of them went down the slide, some got hauled away in the dump truck and I'm sure some will show up in the washing machine, not from me of course.







The first ICUP race is this weekend in St. George, I'm not going to attempt it. It would be really embarrassing to DNF the first race. Hopefully my back will cooperate and I can start riding hard, well as hard as I ride, again. I'm a little frustrated reading about my friends' riding experiences. I really feel left out. Not that I wasn't invited, but that I just can't ride like I want to. The weather is great, the roads and most of the BST are dry (enough), I just can't seem to get this thing to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment