Monday, September 21, 2009

Pretty Boring Weekend

Pretty boring weekend. No major plans. No races. Nothing. I wish there were more like it. Brennen and I decided to go on an adventure. He loves to go for bike rides. Which is cool, so do I. Only he likes to be pulled behind my bike. Which I don't like. I pretty much have to disconnect the rear brake. Over fifty pounds of kid and trailer doesn't stop well with only a front brake. Just a little on the scary side of life. Not to mention I have to readjust the brakes when the trailer comes off. I can't deal with squeaking brakes. Back to the adventure. I talked Brennen into riding his big wheel instead of being pulled. We were just going to go around the block, but he decided the park would be more fun. Believe it or not he made it. We had the park to ourselves. After a few minutes he decided to go to the fishy slide (the elementary school), maybe there would be some kids there. Off we went, the school is quite a ways from the park, especially for little plastic wheels. Same story at the school, no kids. We played for awhile and decided to go home. Again, he road the whole way.





I'm pretty proud of my little guy. It took us a couple of hours to complete the trip with a few play stops on the way. But he made it and I didn't have to carry the big wheel.

2 comments:

ER Dad said...

Proud daddy

KC said...

And so the legacy continues... That is pretty cool.

Post a Comment