Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Changing Leaves

After a long week without riding I got in a good one Sunday morning. I reluctantly got out of the car to a brisk 55 degrees, sharp contrast to previous posts, and started up the road to the trail head. Diamond Fork again, there are still some trails I need to explore. I couldn't believe it the lower trail was covered with fallen leaves, I almost missed them changing. The farther up the canyon I went the better the views. I stopped at the Strawberry Ridge Road and was truly impressed, just high enough above the trees to see back on a mountain of color. The views alone made the ride worth it, but it was nice to ride again.

I noticed some new signage at the top. One, or all, of these trails is part of the Great Western. Too bad I didn't see any other signs along the way. I guess the GW comes from the Hobble Creek area? Which is where I'd like to end up one of these days. On purpose that is, I'd hate to park at DF and end up in Springville.

Hopefully we have a long fall. I'm not ready for snow and cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment