Monday, May 17, 2010

Another Race

The ICUP at Sundance was last weekend, in case anyone that reads this wasn't there. Jamie and Brennen decided to stay home. Not that I blame her for not wanting to come. Would you want to stand around for hours occasionally seeing your significant other ride by? Didn't think so. Besides, Grandma and Grandma (grandpa) came out. So Brennen had way more fun with them.

I did better than last year. So guess I'm still improving? Maybe it's the coaching? Maybe the fast guys didn't show up? I passed a couple of spent riders on Archies on the first lap and caught up with Chad. He and I spent the rest of the race working together to pick off anyone we could see in our category. If you call it a strategy it worked. I brought us onto forth places wheel on the final climb of the last lap. The three of us hit the bottom of the road together, shared a glance to make sure we were all ready. Then no more team work. I made about twenty yards before my quads both cramped. Hours of riding only to blow the race in the last minutes. I knew it was coming. The pace we were pushing combined with the limited refueling opportunities, it was only a matter of time before I ran out of gas.

Unfortunately you can't call timeout take a drink and rest for a few minutes. Wouldn't that be an interesting twist? Everyone stop where ever you are and take five. I like it the way it is.

Karl snapped this at the finish line.


I couldn't decide if I should laugh or cry. But doesn't the new kit look good?

No comments:

Post a Comment