Monday, May 3, 2010

How do you measure a workout?

I used to measure my workout by how difficult it was to climb the three flights of stairs back to my desk. Today's ride was nothing out the ordinary. Except the sun was shining, it wasn't windy and I had really good time!

I brought my mountain bike and headed up Squaw Peak, pealed off on to the dirt by the paintball range then up to the BST. The trail conditions were perfect, I even had a couple of "puker" moments descending the BST toward the park. I had so much fun going down I turned around at the bottom and went back up and down to the paintball range. I was having shifting issues that couldn't be resolve bouncing around on the single track and thought the rest of Squaw Peak would be a great opportunity to fix the problem. As I approached the gate the Forest Service was there taking it down. I asked if they would leave it up for a couple more weeks. They didn't respond. Just before the big turn, about half way, two cars came flying by... I opted for the dirt again and took the sketchy single track down to the BST and over to the cemetery. Great ride!

The stairs weren't a bad climb at all. I was feeling like I should have gone harder or longer. I went downstairs to meeting about 45 minutes later and almost fell. I think I did all right.

May is looking much better than April.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your ride was as good as mine. Only my legs were tired going up the stairs immediately. :-)

ER Dad said...

I agree about the May thing.

South County Ciclista said...

Carson, not sure why but I can't find your contact info in my blackberry. I know you texted me after the white rim tt but it is gone. Anyway meet at the shooting range in orem today 5-7-2010 at 11:30am for a mountain bike ride.

Post a Comment