Saturday, May 1, 2010

New Month

I'm so glad to have April over. Nothing against that month, just the consecutive strings of shity weather. I was supposed to be training for the heck-tick May races. I probably only road my bike a dozen times. I did time-trail the White Rim, but one long ride doesn't make up for a month of consecutive riding. My yard is a disaster, except the grass. With the extra rain my lawn is thick and green. Good thing I bought a riding mower and trailer to take care of the waste. Jamie and I decided to put cement curbing around the back yard. Now I need to bring in a few tons of playground bark and gravel. Not mention killing the grass I worked so hard to get to grow. It really makes me feel bad! Because we put the curbing in after the lawn they had to cut out a path which left small sections of grass in the rocks and bark. All attempts at spraying the leftovers and other weeds have failed. Funny thing, weeds germinate and thrive in colder temperatures, yet sprays don't work unless the it's warm. Damn weeds!

Enough complaining. It's May, a new month with more opportunities to ride my bike and play in the yard. Maybe Brennen and I can finally ride our bikes to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment